The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints: Korea Pusan Mission



Sunday, October 26, 2008

Week 2

I have now been here for 2 weeks. It doesn't seem like that long or maybe it seems like longer, things are still kind of a blur for me. The work still goes on. Unfortunately we spent all this week trying to find people. We have been working really hard so we will just keep chugging along.

This week I spent quite a bit of time with Elder 채. There are 4 of us in our apartment. Me, Elder Snider, Elder Hoffman, and Elder 채. Elder Hoffman is the District leader and so he has to go on splits with all the elders. Going with Elder 채 was way fun. He is so funny. He speaks pretty good English and we work hard when we are together. The funny thing is that he is only a 2ND transfer greeny (new missionary), it is OK though because he is Korean.

So let me tell you a little bit about our 즌도 (proselyting) First of all I have yet to even see a house in Korea, everything is apartments. All of the apartments are 20-25 stories and are just stacked everywhere. On my first glimpse out of the plane looking at Korea all I could see was green and apartments. Because of this all of our 즌도 is climbing stairs in apartments. Every apartment has what they call a 과리자 (gwallyja, or a kind of security guard.) They usually let us in fine and we go to the top and work our way down.

The food is good although its sometimes hard for my body to digest still but it is getting better. I hope that all is well back home. If you have any questions about Korea do ask and I will try to answer. I love the people, they are all so nice it seems. There are a few things that I am still getting used to but I think that all is well. Thanks for your love and support. Elder Anderson

No comments: