The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints: Korea Pusan Mission



Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Still making language blunders......

Hello! I am now settled into my new area of gu mi. It is a really nice area with lots to do. The ward is solid and is made up of mostly returned missionaries and so they kind of know how things are supposed to be done. It is good to have people expecting things of you. My companion, Kim gyeong soo, is a really good missionary and is naturally really good at Korean. I am continually learning and am never perfect at everything. Yesterday we had Zone Conference where so many people I know gave their mission farewell talks. Sad that we have to go. Yesterday we had our meeting with the ward mission leader and we were talking about the youth programs. I then meant to ask if they talked about spiritual things when they meet during the week but rather I asked if they talked about sexual things when they meet. oops, still make mistakes. You can usually tell you made a mistake by the surprised look on peoples faces when you get done talking.

 In this area there is a 20 year old  the missionaries have been meeting for a while and should be baptized soon although there still isn't a date. We also have met quite a few less actives and one member referral! The members hear are really willing to help out the work in the area. We had 65 people out to church this week which was quite a different feel from my last area of 20 on average. Lots of peoples names to memorize, whew. It is kind of funny because my companion is 28 but everyone still thinks I am older that he. Most people put me from 27-32 when they guess. Its OK because Korean 20 year olds still look like they are 15 to me. Strange how that works between countries.The gospel is still being spread. It is true and amazing. We are so blessed to live in a time when the fullness of the gospel is restored!

No comments: