The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints: Korea Pusan Mission



Monday, June 14, 2010

Preparing for a baptism!

Surprise! Preparation-day has in fact changed back to Monday and so I will be sending e-mails at the old time again. Sorry for not letting you know last week, totally forgot to mention that minor detail. Anyway, I hope is all going well back home. This week was really good for us. There have been very few times on my mission that I have sat down and studied chapter 11 of Preach My Gospel (how to get people ready for baptism) but this week there is a need. 이동하(ee doeng ha) has a baptismal date for this Saturday! He is a 20 year old boy who has been coming to church for around 3 years now and moved to our area at the beginning of this year. We went though and taught him everything and he accepted a baptismal date after refusing a few times. He really feels like people care about him in our ward. He is not very socially mature which makes it easy for people to not get along with him but our ward has done a really good job of friend shipping him and helping him progress. Hopefully everything goes down as planned. We have a few other people that we are working with who we are also really excited for. I really like this area and my companion is pretty amazing. I hope to have more good reports for you all next week. We have been pretty busy which makes things really nice. I hope all is well back home!

No comments: