The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints: Korea Pusan Mission



Sunday, June 27, 2010

My last transfer.....

Hello once again from Korea! Yes, I know that you are all wallowing in despair after Korea lost to Paraguay in the world cup but cheer up, there is always next time. Besides, I heard America is doing well. I really want to learn how to play soccer. I am fairly coordinated with my hands but my feet just aren't that good at kicking a ball. Hopefully I can fix that someday. So this is the last week of the transfer. Elder Kim with probably be transferring but we are not 100%. Who ever comes will be my last companion. Pretty crazy. Fight till the finish. Recently we have been meeting a man named 성기웅(song kee oong) He is a owner of a small academy for Jr High school students. He is a really religious man and we have meet him quite a few times. He has a wife and 3 daughters which is quite a big family for Koreans. We have talked a lot about the book of Mormon with him and the plan of salvation. He enjoys listening to us but has not yet accepted our invitation to read and pray about it. He really likes the book of Mormon because it is similar to the Bible and it teaches about Jesus. He has also been talking to his wife about it but because they both work all the time it is really hard to meet the family together. That is our goal right now. This gospel has blessed so many people's lives in so many different way. Everyone needs it. He is a pretty funny guy. He is thinking about moving his family to Canada to drive truck as it pays better than his job right now. We also have a different kid that we are currently working with who is progressing but then didn't show up to church like he promised and we haven't been able to get a hold of him since then. We are praying for him lots. The work is going along well. This is the true church and I am so glad that I have the opportunity to teach it to the people I can. Korea is amazing.

No comments: