The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints: Korea Pusan Mission



Sunday, April 11, 2010

Climbed a Mountain and tried to find lost sheep


Elder Anderson and Kerrigan

Hello! Today is exactly two years since I opened my call letter which told me I would be serving in Korea. It's strange to think about then and now. Very different. I can't believe some of the things that have happened. It has been amazing and I am so grateful for the time that I still have. This week has been pretty busy which is always good. We have been teaching quite a bit compared to the past. We haven't been able to get any of the people that we teach to really progress though but that should come. Unfortunately transfer week is next week and it is somewhat likely that I transfer since I have been here for 6 months. Longer than any other area. We will find out tomorrow if we move.




So every once in a while we decide to try to find some less actives in our area (we have pages of names) Yesterday we went on our bikes and tried to find 3. The first 2 were not too easy to find and the 3rd seemed impossible. We spent most of our day to decide that the first two had moved and we were about to give up on the third. We decided as our last attempt we would go to the police station and see if they couldn't help. The were naturally shocked to have us roll in but they were more than willing to help. They found it via their computer and then attempted to explain where it was. We couldn't really follow so one of the officers offered to take us there. Police are a little different here. Not quite as much to do as in America. It was really interesting to ride in his car. I still don't think I have ever seen a Korean man use a seat belt or really follow any traffic rules. Well, I guess they are more traffic suggestions than rules. We found the house pretty quick and found that it was abandoned. Cross them off the list. That was our Easter egg hunt. We enjoyed it. I hope all is well back home. I love being here as a missionary. The work is amazing.

No comments: