The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints: Korea Pusan Mission



Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week 2 in my new area (gwae jung) Elder B and Elder Clark is the one with the red hair




I am now a week into this transfer. It has gone pretty well so far. I really like the ward and the area. My first week in church was good. Every time we leave or come into an area we give a short testimony/get to know you talk in sacrament meeting. It went well, Korean is still coming along. We have one investigator that we are teaching but we can only meet him once a week. He is really cool and seems to really like what we have to say. The next step for him is to get him to start coming to church. That is so important for people. Many people think that going to church is just a place where good words are said and we sing but its so much more than that. The sacrament is so important and we really go there to learn. A lot of things are repeated but I think every week I realize something more and things hit me in different ways. It's an amazing time to just stop from the world and focus on spiritual things.

I really like our district. I think its going to be a good transfer. Right now Elder Clarke and I are working on organizing records for missionaries so we know where people actually are. Korea recently changed the way it does addresses so we need to go through and re find people. There aren't nearly as many apartments here as my last area so it is a lot harder to find members we can visit. It will be good though. I am still getting used to the new area but I really like it thus far. Things are going well here. I hope all is well with everyone back home.Elder Anderson

PS from mom: I asked Caleb some questions and here is some more information:
He lives on the 8th floor, the apartment isn't as nice as the last one. He sees a mountain out of his window. They are on the edge of a valley. He doesn't usually come home for lunch as they have to climb a big hill to get home. His companion Elder Clarke is from Riverton. Pictures to come in the next week or two.

1 comment:

Bocchino said...

Hey - I know those guys! :) Thanks for the pics, Caleb - give Joshua a noogie for us when you see him again! You guys are amazing - Sis. Bocchino