The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints: Korea Pusan Mission



Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's the Little Things








my bed and my new invention: Light switch

So..... Both our investigators canceled with us all this week. One of them came to church and said he is doing really well with the word of wisdom so that gives us some excitement. We have another progressing family. The father is a member but hasn’t been active for about 15 years. He basically is a non member though. For example he didn't know we don’t drink and things like that. The family is very nice and quite wealthy. He is a plastic surgeon and has already brought us to 2 different really nice restaurants. Wow, it's really nice to be in 해운대. I will be sad to leave when I do. Let’s see.... we teach a free English class twice a week at our church for whoever wants. They are on Tuesday and Saturday. We actually have a really good class that shows up. We get between 10 and 20 people. Because it is 해운대 everyone speaks really good English that comes. I usually teach most of the hour. I really like it because it is basically just telling stories in English and explain what people don’t know. I tell all sorts of stories. Lately I have told a lot of winter stories like snowmobiling and snow ball fights. It gets insanely cold here but it doesn't snow. We also try to get anyone in the class to tell stories to practice their English. It’s pretty fun. Something I have taken to realize this week is all the small miracles we see. They are sometimes so small that they could easily be pushed out as nothing but they are so important. For example, yesterday we had a long subway ride. There was a young couple next to me staring at my name badge. I took it off and gave it to them and explained what I could about our church. It was really fun because Elder Snyder was right next to me whispering things to say to them. Eventually they were so interested that Elder Snyder and I switched places. They were writing notes down of the stuff we were saying and they gave us their number. It was really fun and cool but its just one of those simple miracles where someone finds us. If we hadn’t decided to actually go where we were going we wouldn’t have met them. Things like that make this work worth it. I love it here.

Elder Anderson

No comments: