The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints: Korea Pusan Mission



Tuesday, September 23, 2008

KOREA Count down

September 23, 2008 MTC Provo Utah

2 weeks and 6 days left, but who's counting. :) We are now to the point where we have less time than the English speaking missionaries. There are lots of different feelings with this. I think our whole zone is pretty excited to leave as well as nervous. Soon we are going to be thrown into Korea and have to speak Hangul! It's going to be crazy. I am so excited, but at the same time I am still trying to use all the time I have here in the comforts of the MTC. This past week we taught the second lesson for the 1st time. It's tough but so fun. My companion and I were putting sentences together that we had not planed on saying and we actually sort of addressed their needs. We still have what seems an infinite amount of learning to go until we can actually speak this language but I know that the Lord will bless us if we have faith and rely on him.
I definitely do not feel like I have been in here 8 weeks. The days are long but the weeks go by so quick. By the way, since I am only here for 3 weeks letters are always appreciated. haha. Oh, and I haven’t heard anything about Frances, how is she doing? Twin girls… Rachael wrote me and Ethan sent a letter that I got to show to everyone. He drew a picture of Ammon and King Lamoni, I had quite a few people comment that they didn’t even know that part of the story until they were much older. Everyone just remembers the cutting-off-arms part. Good Job Rachael.
This week we also worked on door approaches. I was so close to using one of the old approaches that we used in the funny video we made for Grandma and Grandma Cope for family home evening. We sent it them on their mission in Nebraska. In the family video we made, one approach we used after we knocked on the door was: "I am sooooooo thirsty! Please! Water!.... While I’m in here let me share a little message with you." Ha-ha. That was about 15 years ago.
Well I think that is all for this week. I thank you all for your prayers and support. I hope that you are all doing well. I am just about done with the Book of Mormon; I can't believe all the things I have learned. I think my favorite part is when Christ comes to the Americas. Wow, if anyone is wondering what they should study, 3rd Nephi would be my suggestion. This truly is the gospel of Jesus Christ that has been restored. I love you all.Elder AndersonWe got a commendable on our room this week, even with all the junk we have. haha. Thanks for the candy dad, much appreciated.

No comments: