The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints: Korea Pusan Mission



Friday, January 29, 2010

New Companion, Elder Kerrigan

Sorry for the lack of a letter last week. Elder Kerrigan is now settled in. He has a goal to not speak English so we have been constantly speaking Korean since he has been here. It will be good for both of us. He is in his 8Th transfer. Right now in the mission we have loads of older missionaries so we have the opportunity to be more effective with the language especially.

We had kind of an interesting first night together. I set the Ipod alarm before we went to sleep but something happened and it went off at 4:00 in the morning. Elder Kerrigan didn't have a watch so he got up, turned on the lights and started exercising. I didn't wake up until 4:30 but by then he was pretty convinced that I was a terrible missionary sleeping in. I looked at my watch and was so confused with my new companion. I eventually realized what happened and got up at turned the ipod off in a half daze and we went back to sleep and laughed about it in the morning. Ha.

This last week I had the opportunity to go on splits with the Zone Leaders in an old area of mine. It was really fun to see people I hadn't seen in a while and to be able to understand them. My companion is really outgoing and can to talk to pretty much everyone. One time we found ourselves in a table tennis joint with a bunch of armature players. It was incredible to watch them jumping around with there short shorts. We were watching and one of the players came over and we had a thirty minute lesson with him. Too bad he already thought that he had reached the state of being God. We have a lot of potential investigators right now. I'm really excited about this transfer. I love missionary work!

No comments: