The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints: Korea Pusan Mission



Monday, July 27, 2009

Restitution

This week will be one year for me. I have many mixed feelings about that. On one hand time has flown. Insanely fast. On the other hand I feel like life before the mission is a haze and that I have been here for 15 years. Anyway, time is a strange thing. This week was pretty interesting. I am currently with Elder Bordman and Ballantyne. We are covering 2 areas and 3 wards which is pretty rare for our mission. Its been a lot of traveling but it's working out. It's kind of strange to be back into a threesome. Elder Ballantyne is really young, only second transfer so it is fun to remember where I was back then. It has been really good.

I think the highlight of the week for me was yesterday. It was Sunday and we had found out earlier last week that the kids that got caught had to pay $1000 fine or work it off at the church. They have been working it off and the bishop told them that they could come to church as part of there time to work. Yesterday 2 of the boys showed up and one of them had is mom and sister. It was pretty funny. They smelled like smoke and what not but the ward was really nice to them even though they looked like fish out of water. They went to the first 2 meetings like normal and then Elder Bordman and I took them into another room for 3rd block and talked to them about us and our church. They were pretty fun and I was glad I didn't wasn't mean to them when we kicked them out of the church. It wasn't too awkward of a situation. They were good and well behaved. They said they would probably come back next week. Speaking of next week, I will have a new companion then! Things change quick. I love this work. It is amazing. Thanks for all the support of love. I appreciate it.Elder Anderson

No comments: